May 25, 2012

Halflings by Heather Burch



Blurb
After being inexplicably targeted by an evil intent on harming her at any cost, seventeen-year-old Nikki finds herself under the watchful guardianship of three mysterious young men who call themselves halflings. Sworn to defend her, misfits Mace, Raven, and Vine battle to keep Nikki safe while hiding their deepest secret—and the wings that come with.

A growing attractionbetweenNikki and two of her protectors presents a whole other danger. Whileshe risksa broken heart, Mace and Raven could loseeverything, including their souls.As the mysteries behind the boys’ powers, as well as her rolein a scientist’s dark plan, unfold, Nikki is faced with choices that will affect the future of an entire race of heavenly beings, as well as the precarious equilibrium of the earthly world.

My review:
I got this off Netgalley for review. A great book about angels and halflings as some are called.I really got into this story and liked the main character Nikki. She is tough and seems unafraid of what is getting thrown at her. She soon meets Mace and Raven who she falls in love with. Yes she loves them both. I usually don't like the whole love triangle thing but with these two guys I think I would have a hard time choosing between them myself. They both have good and bad qualities and aren't perfect. I like that because if a character is to perfect it's not believable.


I know with so many books coming out about the same things it's hard to be original. To me this storyline is very original and has a good vibe to me. It is different from other books and really pulls you in. I didn't wanttoputit down and honestly don't think i did till I was finished with it. Very well written and action packed. I look forward to the next book.

4 out of 5 bats

~Pam

Link to full review > Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate