June 08, 2012

Otherkin by Nina Berry



At request of the publisher and netgalley I will post the full review here.

Book Summary 
Sixteen-year-old Desdemona Gray doesn't even bother with crushes on cute boys now that she's forced to wear a hard plastic back brace all day.  What guy would want to literally have to knock on a girl to be let in?  So she squashes down every impossible desire until an uber-awkward brush with a boy brings out all her frustration and she changes...into a tiger.  In that bewildering moment, she is captured by Ximon, the leader of a fanatical group hell-bent on wiping out the five remaining tribes of shape-shifters, known as the otherkin. 


With help from a handsome, mysterious fellow captive named Caleb, she escapes and goes on the run, finding allies and learning the truth behind the legends of wizards and were-creatures.  Then Ximon goes too far, and Dez must tap into all her buried desires to find her inner tiger and save herself, her new friends, and the boy she loves.

Review:

Desdemona (also known as Dez) has lived all her life as a normal, ordinary girl, who for the passed 2 years has been made to wear a brace after being diagnosed with idiopathic scoliosis, but after one night where she throws an angry fit she realizes that she isn't ordinary...far from it.  Desdemona is introduced to a new reality, new crush, new acquaintances and new enemies...

If I were given the option to only use one word to describe this book it would be phenomenal! I loved Otherkin! Right from the beginning Author Nina Berry gives you no leeway to wander from reading the book, sinking you in right from the first page, the plot will only have you diving in deeper and unable to contain your appetite for more! I found myself reading through the night unable to tear myself away.

Otherkin is a bit different from other books of its kind because it has created a new world that invites you to discover a new plot when it comes to shifters. I loved the character that Nina Berry has created and I really felt I connected with Dez's character the most. Though I have to say I loved Caleb’s character just as much and when they had their scenes that were a bit intimate, just wow! Otherkin had me going through a whirlwind of emotions.

I was not disappointed at all by this and am grateful I received it for review via Netgalley and Kensington Publishing. I look forward to the second book: "Othermoon" which will be available in 2013.

Filled with suspense, action, friendship, and love this book will have you on the edge of your seat until you reach the end and cry out "I need more!" 

Otherkin is set for release July 31, 2012. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for it in a bookstore near you!

 5/5 Bats.



~Marie from Paranormal Reads

Review can also be found at following links: Goodreads or Facebook


1 comment:

  1. What an intriguing title. And the cover is mysterious. Great review!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Translate