June 01, 2012

Rapture by Lauren Kate


The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer
.
~Book Blurb

Note: At the request of Netgalley and the Publisher a full review will be posted here for this post, but can also be found on Goodreads and my personal album on Paranormal Read's Facebook page.

My Review:

I was fortunate enough to be able to review Rapture by receiving an Advanced Reading Copy from Delacorte BFYR via NetGalley, Rapture is the final book in Lauren Kate’s Fallen Series. It starts off right after the events in Passion. As time is of the essence, Lucifer is only 9 days away from completing the fall and rewriting time itself, everyone is frantic to find a way to stop this from coming to pass. Accompanied by new allies and followed by new enemies, Luce and the rest of our angels are in for a journey they will not forget as they search for three relics that will help them find the location of the fall, where they can stop Lucifer from succeeding.


Praise to Lauren Kate! I have to say this book delivered exactly what we have come to love about her Fallen Series though a tad slow to begin, i kept reading and found the pace to pick up gradually through the chapters and then towards the end it was as if a bomb had exploded, (best metaphor I could come up with to describe it). Now throughout the whole series, Luce and I have had a love hate relationship, times when I loved her character and others when I wanted to shake sense into her. In Rapture however, we see Luce in a different light she seems more determined and is finally speaking her mind though not by much but I am quite happy to see her development in this final book has taken a turn for the better.


I have to say I was not expecting what Lucinda was going to find out about the curse that was mind blowing! I don't think I ever suspected because there was no indication. More praise to Lauren Kate for throwing this mind-blowing resolution to the curse. And the ending! I loved it, I will sincerely miss all the characters from the Fallen Series.


Rapture kept me enthralled until the very last page, this was the perfect conclusion to Lauren Kate's Fallen Series. I would recommend this to those who already love the Fallen Series and those with interest in Fallen Angels & Nephilim story plots. 4.5/5 bats


Rapture is set to release June 12, 2012

~Marie


This review was also posted on Goodreads > Rapture Review

For more information on Lauren Kate's Series: http://laurenkatebooks.net/



3 comments:

  1. Omg, you just made a 6 day wait unbearable! :'( lol now I really want to know bout that curse! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was startled to discover at chapters, at least 10 copies of rapture on sale. and i got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    best book ever and I love love the ending!!!!!!!!!!!
    forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I will tell you is that Rapture had me on the edge of my seat and I was flying through the pages to figure out what happens. The whole conclusion was very surprising and just when I thought I had it all figured out, Lauren would throw a wrench in the plot that made me rethink literally everything. The price that Luce and Daniel have to pay to save what they love is enormous and it pulled at my heart. All of Daniel's secrets he has held in for so long have come pouring out at last and it was interesting to see Luce's reaction to everything he had to finally tell her.

    ReplyDelete

Translate