July 14, 2012

The Goddess Legacy Review

The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test #2.5) by Aimee Carter


Goodreads Blurb 
For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aimée Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows.

Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness....

Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal....

Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another....

James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others-but never knew true loss before....

Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope.

My Review
I received an ARC from NetGalley and Harlequin Teen for an honest review. That sure is no problem considering I absolutely love this book. This is a favorite series of mine and The Goddess Legacy is a great addition to the series. You get to go back in time to see what made the gods the way they are. In five short stories you get to see the view from five gods or goddesses. While I wish they were longer all five stories are wonderful.

In The Goddess Queen we get to see what makes Hera tick. Believe me she is a loaded time bomb waiting to go off. While I still don't like her I can see how she has become the way she has. She needs to act a little more like Zeus maybe then she would be happy. Yes I know she is the goddess of marriage but after all this time she is just growing more and more bitter. You see how she became to marry Zeus. I do end of feeling sorry for her in a way.

Next up is Aphrodite's tale The Lovestruck Goddess. How did she become to be with the gods and why did she marry who she did? Well this story tells all how the gods used and manipulated her and how she fought to have things her way. She is very selfish a lot of the times but I did grow to like her a little more than I did.

Goddess of the Underworld is Persephone's story. If there ever was a god or goddess to feel sorry for this is her. I truly felt for her from the reason she was born up till the end. You get to see her side of this story. Yes she did wrong but she had reasons for acting the way she did. I think this was my favorite of the stories.

Hermes the god I really never give much thought to. Well that sure changed after reading his story God of Thieves. As a minor god and one of the least favorites among the others he truly has a rough road. When he is sent to find out why the minor ones are vanishing he finds more than he expects. As the gods treat him truly awful and yes he did deserve it in some ways from some I really wanted him to have a happy ending. Does he? Well you need to read and see.

The last story is God of Darkness. This is Hades story and the truly heartbreaking one. You read about the girls who tried to become queen and why he just wants to give up. Reading this made me want to be one of them vying for his love. You can tell he has a lot to give even if he is the god of the underworld. My favorite story of them all.

I would tell anyone who loves mythology or just a great read to pick this up. Aimee Carter writes the characters in such a way they truly become real to you. You just keep wanting more and more of them. I eagerly look forward to the next book in this series espescially since i know more about these characters background. Amazing job I am a fan for life.

Release Date is July 31 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate