November 08, 2012

Possession - Review

Possession by Elana Johnson

Book Blurb
Vi knows the Rule: Girls don’t walk with boys, and they never even thinkabout kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn…and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi’s future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they’re set on convincing Vi to become one of them….starting by brainwashed Zenn. Vi can’t leave Zenn in the Thinkers’ hands, but she’s wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous: everything Zenn’s not. Vi can’t quite trust Jag and can’t quite resist him, but she also can’t give up on Zenn.



This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.

My review
 Vi lives in a world where girls are good, Thinkers do your thinking for you, pick your match and as long as you do what they say you are fine. Vi sneaks out one night with her match Zenn. Clearly a big no no. When she gets caught she is thrown in a cell with Jag who clearly is all wrong for her and a not part of the goodies. Vi must soon decide what to do. Do what the Thinkers say and be with Zenn or run with Jag.

 I will start with our 3 main characters. Vi is a good strong character the only flaw I see with her is that at first it seems she wants to be a bad girl but not break any of the rules. Kind of hard to do. She did grow on me as the book progressed and really started to show her strength around Jag. Zenn I didn't like him. Not really much I can say about him. I know there is reasons behind it but he seemed like a sheep to me. I just can't see him with Vi.Now that leaves Jag. Love him so much! He is a free soul, rebel and yet you do get to see his soft side. I think when I read his softer side that wrapped it up for me. Hello a hot guy showing emotions what more could you ask. 

 The plot is a good one. In a world where you are supposed to do as you are told and obey all orders but you still have rebels. I enjoyed reading about this dystopian world full of people fighting to think for you and people fighting for freedom. It does have a good love story even if it is one of the dreaded love triangles. I have my pick of who I want her to be with. At first the book has a slower pace but the last few chapters it really picks up and does leave you wanting more. If you love dytopian books I would say give this one a try. I luckily have the next book so be looking for that review up soon.
4 out of 5 Bats~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate