December 08, 2012

Romeo Redeemed - Review

Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal #2)
by Stacey Jay
Book Blurb
Seductive companion to the popular Juliet Immortal, in which former lovers—Romeo and Juliet—meet, not as true lovers, but truly as enemies.

Cursed to live out eternity in his rotted corpse, Romeo, known for his ruthless, cutthroat ways, is given the chance to redeem himself by traveling back in time to save the life of Ariel Dragland. Unbeknownst to her, Ariel is important to both the evil Mercenaries and the love-promoting Ambassadors and holds the fate of the world in her hands. Romeo must win her heart and make her believe in love, turning her away from her darker potential before his work is discovered by the Mercenaries. While his seduction begins as yet another lie, it soon becomes his only truth. Romeo vows to protect Ariel from harm, and do whatever it takes to win her heart and soul. But when Ariel is led to believe his love is a deception, she becomes vulnerable to Mercenary manipulation, and her own inner darkness may ultimately rip them apart.
My Review
I received a copy of his book from NetGalley for an honest review.Romeo is set to live his eternity rotting in his corpse. He receives one chance to redeem himself by going back in time and saving Ariel Dragland. Ariel is an important key to things and both the evil Mercenaries and the good Ambassadors want her. The fate of the world is up to her and it is up to the ruthless Romeo to make her fall in love with him and pick the light over darkness. When she finds out Romeo may have lied to her will she go to the dark side or will she choice to believe in the man she has fell in love with?

I have not read Juliet Immortal but I was not to lost in reading this. You get that Romeo was a bad guy in it and did horrible things. You can tell as you read he is slowly changing in this book. He at first was only for himself but the more you read the more he starts wanting to protect Ariel and help her in any way he can. I actually really liked him by the time the book was finished. When I first started reading it I didn't think I would because he was out to save his self no matter the cost. Ariel is a different female lead than others. She has so much going on and no one to talk to about it. She knows there is a darkness in her and she doesn't know where it comes from. She has hardly any friends and is mainly a loner. She has spunk and a drive on top of that. She doesn't let things get her down and you can see she will hold her ground in several scenes. This is a girl you really can respect in ways.

Like I had said I had not read the first book which was Juliet's story. I was only confused once over the Ambassadors and Mercenaries but after I started reading I understood what they where and what they stood for. I actually really enjoyed this book and I wasn't sure I would. The characters are well written and you really get to see inside both of their heads. The plot while not new you know good vs evil is told in a different light. You really don't know till the end which way Ariel will go and what will happen to Romeo. Juliet does make an appearance and for a while I couldn't understand her part in this tale until the end and then it made sense. I think if you like Romeo & Juliet you should read this. A whole new twist on star crossed loves and makes you think what if they didn't love each other. You also get the good vs evil battle and even alternate universes in this book.
4 out of 5 Bats~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate