December 09, 2012

Undead - Review

Undead by Kirsty McKay
Book Blurb
Out of sight, out of their minds: It's a school-trip splatter fest and completely not cool when the other kids in her class go all braindead on new girl Bobby.

The day of the ski trip, when the bus comes to a stop at a roadside restaurant, everyone gets off and heads in for lunch. Everyone, that is, except Bobby, the new girl, who stays behind with rebel-without-a-clue Smitty.

Then hours pass. Snow piles up. Sun goes down. Bobby and Smitty start to flirt. Start to stress. Till finally they see the other kids stumbling back.

But they've changed. And not in a good way. Straight up, they're zombies. So the wheels on the bus better go round and round freakin' fast, because that's the only thing keeping Bobby and Smitty from becoming their classmates' next meal. It's kill or be killed in these hunger games, heads are gonna roll, and homework is most definitely gonna be late.
My Review
Bobby is the new girl and trapped on a bus for a field trip she just doesn't want to be on. While the rest of the class except Bobby go in to eat at a stop she stays on the bus. She is joined by Smitty the bad boy who is not aloud off the bus. When a teacher gets off the bus to get him some food the horror soon begins. Alice a snobby girl runs to the bus yelling for them to leave. It seems the whole class is dead but they don't stay that way for long. As they try to keep away from the zombies they find a few survivors. They still need to figure out who or what is behind they outbreak and survive.

Bobby is a very witty character who you can not help but love. She only wants to be left alone but when she needs to she stands up and helps take charge. Smitty is the typical hot bad boy that you know you shouldn't like but are drawn to him anyway. He comes up with several new names for the survivors that the more you read the more you see it suits them. Alice is a snobby girl who bad to say I kept hoping she would trip and fall like in the horror movies and get eaten. Oh wait she does fall but someone helps her up. Not me I would have left her laying there. The typical nerd boy Pete is another I would have tripped myself. For most of the book he kept hidden or was always trying to hide. Yeah I know zombies are coming you would do the same. He does it in a coward way and whines a lot. There is several more characters you get to meet that play their own part in the book.

I love zombie books as you may know. As soon as I seen the cover for this one I wanted it. Yes I know smack my hand I shouldn't want a book cause of the cover but we all do it lol. It sounded like an awesome book on top of the neat cover. I got the chance to read and review it and for me it fell right in the middle. It has zombies and several good laughs in it. One of my favorite parts is where they are on ice and look down to see Zombies underwater still following them. Hey besides the zombies you also get a castle in the book. I love castles and there is a few horror scenes that play out here. It is a good book and I am glad I read it. The reason it fell in the middle for me is towards the end it started getting flat. Yes I know all books have to end but it felt like it was a rush ending that I just could not like. I know several people did it just wasn't what I expected and it didn't seem like a good one to me. If you enjoy a good laugh or zombies in your books I would say try it and you may just like it.
3 out of 5 Bats~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate