January 28, 2013

Initiation - Review

Initiation (Bonfire Academy #1)
by Imogen Rose
Welcome to Bonfire Academy. Set in the foothills of the alpine mountains in St.Moritz, this exclusive private school caters to a special kind of student. Enter at your own risk... but if you are human, you may not want to enter at all.

My Review
Cordelia starts her 3rd year at Bonfire Academy. She thinks it will be an easy year as she is planning on playing a lot of tennis and spending time with her boyfriend Quinn. Bonfire Academy isn't your normal academy. It is an academy for paranormal creatures. Cordelia is a demon and she is asked to see the student council president. When she meets him she is instantly attracted to Jagger. He is a Fairy and has a job for her. He needs her to mentor and watch over a half human half demon girl named Faustine. She takes on the job not knowing just how dangerous it may be to her life and love life.

Cordelia I love this character!! She is so tough yet she does have that soft side you get to see. The only thing I didn't like about her was the triangle deal but I could see it happening in this paranormal world. Quinn seems like a great guy but I just don't see the two of them being a good match. Jagger is so yummy yet at times mysterious. I could fall in love with him myself. Faustine seems like such a sweet innocent girl she makes you wonder what she is doing there. She totally makes a turn around and i love seeing another side of her. She is one of my favorite characters. I can not wait to read more about her.

As soon as I picked this book up I could not put it down. It is so fantastic. I love the world the author create. It is my first book by her but I plan on picking more up. I love her writing style. The academy sounds like one I would love to go to. The mystery surrounding Faustine keeps you en rapt and flipping pages. You get to see all kinds of paranormal creatures in this book some with a different twist I didn't see coming. If you are looking for a new series to read pick this up. You will not regret it. I wish I could say more but I don't want to give spoilers. This is my first 5 stars of 2013.
5 out of 5 Bats~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate