March 13, 2013

Flame Release Day Blitz

Hi all! Today we are taking part in the release day blitz for Flame by Mari Arden. I have a review of the book for you as well.
Flame
A Fireborn novel
Some secrets change your life forever. 

Have you ever felt invisible? I do. Everyday. I can't get close to anyone, and people can't get close to me. Everytime I feel a friendship beginning, something inevitably happens, and I become invisible again. Unseen. Ignored. It's been a part of me for so long that it's hard to imagine anything different. 

Then the Saguinox arrive, and my life is forever altered. People are fascinated by these beautiful creatures who look and talk like us. They're alluring. Seductive. Intoxicating. And two of them are going to my school. Rhys is everything I shouldn't want, but his eyes are like something from a memory. I can't help but be intrigued. He's the only one who can really see me. 

Some secrets you're better off not knowing. 

I had been found on a cold winter night with nothing but a blanket, and ashes covering my skin. My mother saved me from death, and took me in with love. But she couldn't save herself. I didn't think heroes were real anymore until the day Kaiden saved me. I couldn't believe in miracles until the day he revealed I was the miracle they had all been hoping for. Deep inside I always knew my past mattered.

I just didn't know my life would depend on it.

My Review
Aliens are real Earth has found out. They are sending some kids to start high school with the human kids. Everyone is excited for this. Kenna isn't as excited as everyone else. After all for the most part people don't see her and seem to forget her when they do meet her. She does notice how attractive Rhys is and is surprised when the cute alien does notice and remember her when they meet. She soon learns there is more to Rhys and the other aliens than anyone would guess. Kenna soon finds herself in danger and Rhys can't or won't help her. She must do it with help from a boy name Kaiden. He helps her do what she was marked to do.

Kenna is a character you can relate to right away. She doesn't stand out and has a rough life. She blends in and in some ways likes being unnoticed. She really shows her back bone later on in this book and I can't wait to see how much more she grows. Rhys I have mixed feelings about. He is the cute alien that everyone wants but has many secrets. I still want to know what he is hiding. Kaiden is awesome. He is funny even when danger is all around.

This book really surprised me in a good way. It was not what I was expecting at all. I fell in love with the world and the characters the author create. Imagine a world of aliens, humans and so much more. This book has a little bit of everything in it. It took turns I did not see coming and left me wanting so much more.There is plenty of action as Kenna fights for her freedom and her life and learns more about her past she didn't know about. This book lays down a great start to a story that I will be sure to look for more of. The only part of this book I did not like is because it ended I wanted this wonderous journey to continue on.
5 out of 5 Bats~Pam


Book purchase links: 


Author bio: 
I'm Mari Arden (Mari rhymes with safari). Teacher by day, author by night. When I'm not living my double life I like to hike and try foods from all over the world. Up until recently, I used to be scared of dogs. Even puppies. True story. Now I'm just afraid of anything with more than six legs. I write to soothe my soul and to, hopefully, entertain YOU. Adventurous? Come join my double life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate