May 07, 2013

Renegade - Review

Renegade ( Ripper #2) by Amy Carol Reeves


Blurb
Brimming with romance and danger, the suspenseful Ripper series continues

The Conclave—a secret group with twisted ideals and freakish practices—has been wiped out, thanks to Arabella Sharp. Now there’s a new malevolence afoot. Fishermen are getting killed, their partially devoured bodies washing up on the shores of Scotland. Is the Ripper responsible? Or have the Conclave’s sinister experiments left behind something more monstrous? Abbie fears the worst when her beloved Dr. William Siddal vanishes. To save the man she loves, Abbie must comply with the Ripper’s dreadful orders—and put her own life in grave danger.

My Review
Arabella Sharp has gotten rid of The Conclave and thought that would be the end of those things. She thought her life would get back to normal or as normal as it could. However bodies begin to show up that have the mark of the Ripper and bodies of fisherman begin to wash up along with tales of a strange creature. Arabella is also struggling to decide between William and Simon. Will things ever become sane for her again.

Arabella is a different character. She has visions and works as a nurse and she just knows more trouble is to come. She won't back down from what she believes and will do whatever she can to solve a mystery. Often she rushes into things without thinking. Simon is a great guy even if he is quiet. You get to see why he is so quiet and puts a wall up between people. I really liked him. William I did not care for one bit. He seemed like a jerk who for the most part only cared for his self. A few times I think he is treated unfairly by Arabella but for the most part I did not care for him. Seraphina is a character I really liked a lot. I think besides Simon she is my favorite. Yes she does awful things but she has a bad past. You get to see different sides of her.

I have not read the first book in thus series and was just a little confused at first. However I do believe this book can be read as it's own story as the only thing I feel I missed to do with this story is Arabella and Williams relationship. What I didn't like about this story is bad to say is the main character Arabella. She got on my nerves a lot. At times I wanted to smack her and say look in front of you at what is there. I was glad she and William had problems but I think at times she needed to rethink why she was giving him such a hard time. I guess you can say the love situation is the reason I didn't love it. The plot with the murders, bodies and creatures I loved. Any time an author write a creature that is evil but you still feel for it is awesome for me. I loved the action and some of the characters. I would love to see more of some of them and yes I would like to know if Arabella ever wises up.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for an honest review.

3 out of 5 Bats~Pam

1 comment:

  1. good to see this review, but just not the book I was looking for. Thanks sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Translate