April 27, 2014

Interview with Author A.D. Trosper

Hey everyone! We have an interview with A.D. Trosper today as well as info on Bound by Time.

What is your book(s) about?
Bound by Time is the title and it’s about an inherited magic, a love that spans centuries, an ancient demon, and an angel trying to protect.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I’m a writer, mother, and the ruler of the world inside my head. I’m also a lover of chocolate and coffee but never together. I garden and have a flock of chickens and I spent several years rescuing everything from dogs and cats to goats, and even a horse.

What started your interest in writing?
I have always written.

What are your currently working on?
I’m currently working on the third book in my epic fantasy series, Dragon’s Call and I’m also working on the second book in my Bound series.

How long did it take you to get your rough draft finished on your latest release?
My latest release is Bound by Time and the first draft of 70,000 words was finished in ten days. This book kind of took over my life for a few days.

If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be?
Probably a vampire

What was the first book you remember reading?
The very first I remember reading? Bambi Gets Lost

How did you come up with your title?
It revealed itself as I wrote the book

Who is your support team?
My husband is my biggest supporter. He is my cheerleader, my comfort when things aren’t flowing well and when I read my manuscripts out loud to catch awkward areas, he listens. Even to the paranormal romance.

My mother is also a big supporter is often my sounding board when I’m trying to work story issues out. 

Blue Harvest Creative is my design team and they are very helpful and encouraging.


What do you do when your not writing?
I garden, play Minecraft with my kids, collect eggs from the hen house, cook, and enjoy the occasional night when we order pizza and veg out while watching Gilmore Girls.

What was the lastest book you read?
Beloved (3rd in the Crystor series) by C.K. Bryant

Where did you get the idea for your book(s)?
For this book, it was a picture of a stained glass window that sparked the story idea.

Are any of your characters like you?
I don’t think so. They are all far more interesting than I am

What genres do you write in?
Epic fantasy and YA paranormal romance for now. I do have an urban fantasy planned and possibly a horror. 

Is there anything you will never write about?
erotica

Is there anything you would tell aspiring writers?
Keep writing and don’t be afraid to let the voices in your head have voices in their heads.

If zombies attacked what kind of supplies would you want?
Food, clothing and medical supplies

Who designed your cover(s)?
Blue Harvest Creative 

Have you learned anything from writing your book(s)?
I’ve learned a lot from researching aspects of my books. I’ve also learned determination.

What was the hardest part of writing your book(s)?
Finding quiet, uninterrupted time to write. I have three children.

If you could sit down with any author dead or alive who would it be?
Robert Jordan

If you cowrite a book with any author who would it be?
I have no idea. 

What is your favorite paranormal being?
Either angels or Vampires….I don’t know though, I’m really fond of shifters too. I don’t think I can pick just one.

How do you react to a bad review?
I don’t. It’s one person’s opinion. I don’t expect everyone to love everything I write.

Do you keep a notebook near your for when new ideas pop into your head?
I don’t usually have to. Once a character shows up in my head with their story, they tend to stick around pretty firmly.

If you write a series do you reread your previous books before you begin the new one?
I sometimes reread parts of them if I need to. Most of what I need is kept in notes.

Does much research go into your novels?
It depends on the book. A lot of research went into Bound by Time

Is there anything you wish to say to your readers?
Thank you for reading and for your support.

Bound by Time by A.D. Trosper
Blurb
It's her destiny to break the seal and his to keep her alive... 

Isobel Moore is looking forward to spending her summer break alone while her parents are overseas. Until she returns from college to find her home isn’t quite the welcoming place it used to be. The stained glass window her parents installed is more than just a beautiful piece of history; something sinister is sealed within the colored glass. 

When Isobel meets her new neighbor, Damien DeLuca, she discovers the gorgeous and mysterious stranger has plenty of his own secrets. Including the knowledge of what's happening in her home. 

As her world spins out of control, she unravels a past that not only tests her limits, but also everything she thought she knew. The darkness within the window yearns to be free and it will do anything to escape—including killing Isobel.

Links
Website (should be up and running in a couple of days): www.adtrosper.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate