April 20, 2014

Interview with Author Andrea Cooper


Hey everyone! Please welcome Author Andrea Cooper to the blog today! We have an interview with her and info on her books!

What is your book(s) about?
The Legends of Oblivion series starts with The Garnet Dagger. It shows the story of what happens when a vampire bites an elf. He must find a witch; pierce her heart and draw her blood for his cure. But when he falls in love with her instead? Will he forfeit his and his people’s cure?

Book 1.5, Cursed in Shadow, is the continuation of Book 1. The reader travels with the main characters, Brock and Celeste, into the Elvin world. Brock thinks Celeste will be safe in his Elvin city, but he is wrong.

Book 2, Son of Dragons, follows Brock’s sister, Mirhana and her love interest. They must find the Son of Dragons to defeat the Warloc’s protégé and prevent her from bringing him back into the land of the living. Mirhana has sworn off human relationships because of too many lovers lost to time and deadwalkers. Yet, when she finds herself falling for a human Prince, will she yield to her heart?

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I’ve always been a storyteller. As early as I can remember, kids at school would come over to me at recess asking what we were going to play that day. I created the characters and plot, then we ad lib the rest.

I’m currently a stay-at-home mom to three kids and squeeze in writing whenever I can. I adore reading and writing fantasy, paranormal and historical romance.

What started your interest in writing?
I started writing poetry when I was fourteen. However, it wasn’t until my early thirties that I began writing novels that I wanted to read. The characters I had created in my head refused to remain silent.

What are your currently working on?
I am working on revisions to War of Darkness, Book 3 in the Legends of Oblivion series. I’m also thinking of writing another novelette in this series.

How long did it take you to get your rough draft finished on your latest release?
The first rough draft of Son of Dragons, took less than two months. Then, at the advice of my publisher, I rewrote it shifting the main characters from Brock & Celeste to Mirhana and Landon. Then rewrote more parts and added in more scenes. Total, I’ve spent almost a year on this novel.


How did you come up with your title?
Son of Dragons fit in with the story I was writing. However, I wrote the first draft of this novel years ago – before I had even heard of George R.R. Martin and HBO’s Game of Thrones. I cannot say too much or I’ll give away part of the plot J

Who is your support team?
My husband, my three children, my sister, my beta readers, and my online writing groups.

Where did you get the idea for your book(s)?
The Garnet Dagger Book 1 of the Legends of Oblivion came from seeing the movie Underworld in the theaters. I thought, if there can be a werewolf/vampire hybrid, then what about another species like Elves? When I finished Book 1, I still wanted to know more about the characters and their stories, so I wrote Book 2 and 3 in that same year.

Are any of your characters like you?
I’m a little bit of all my characters. I can be moody and dark like Brock. Or I can have dry wit like Celeste. I strive to be a warrior like Mirhana.

What genres do you write in?
I write fantasy, paranormal and historical romance.

Do you have a favorite quote from your book(s)?
“Branches twisted around each other to suffocating. Lifeless limbs cracked in the wind. Flesh of the trees sloughed off in layers, exposing its bones. Gashes hollowed out chunks of warmth. Fragments of leaves clung to finger tips, marking sepulchers of the dying trees.
Trees mourned with wails like splitting wood, and I brought my hands over my ears. I must flee before I became infected, they told me.” – Brock from The Garnet Dagger Book 1 Legends of Oblivion

“For all of Mirhana’s life, the witches had trained her against the undead: deadwalkers, vampyres, wraiths, and more. She knew their sound. Their voices rasped like the wings of beetles. They killed anyone in their path.” Son of Dragons Book 2 Legends of Oblivion

If zombies attacked what kind of supplies would you want?
My family, an impenetrable tower, Celeste (from The Garnet Dagger) so she could use her witchfire and burn them to a crisp, and an endless supply of food and books. Oh, and my laptop and electricity ;)

If you could sit down with any author dead or alive who would it be?
PC Cast – I’d have a lot of questions to ask her about her novels including some personal questions.

If you write a series do you reread your previous books before you begin the new one?
Yes. I skim the other books in the series and take notes. Then I try to write each book as if it is the first (since for some readers, it might be).

Is there anything you wish to say to your readers?
Thank you.

If you enjoy my novels, please leave a review and tell family and friends about the books. The public misconception is that authors are wealthy and don’t need reviews, etc. There is only a small percentage of authors (like Stephen King or J.K. Rowling) who make a living as writers.

Links

Blurb 
856 CE, Ireland is a land of myth, magic, and blood. Viking raiders have fought the Irish for over half a century. Rival Irish clans promise only betrayal and carnage.Kaireen, daughter of Laird Liannon, is suddenly forced into an arranged marriage with her sworn enemy, a Viking. She refuses to submit. With no mention of love, only land and the protection of her clan, she endeavors to get her betrothed banished from her country. Will love find its way around her stubborn heart?

Bram, the Viking, finds himself without future or inheritance as a younger son in his family. A marriage to the Laird’s daughter would grant him land if he swears fidelity and if his men will fight along with the Liannons against any foe - Irish or Viking. However, the Laird’s feisty daughter only holds animosity for him and his kind. Is marriage worth the battle scars of such a relentless opponent?

With the blame for a rival laird’s death treacherously set against the Liannons, Kaireen and Bram must find a way to lay aside their differences as an unforeseen darkness sends death snapping at their heels.

Sensuality Level: Sensual

Blurb 
Forbidden to cross the Elvin barrier into human lands, Brock cannot sate his curiosity. Cursed by a vampyre bite that forces him to feed on the life-essence of others, he is unable to touch another without taking their life. Chained by prophesy, he must find a witch, pierce her heart, and draw her blood for his cure.

Celeste must escape the monks who have held her prisoner for years. Her magic has been kept dormant by her captors. An ancient powerful Warloc craves her powers. If he succeeds in devouring her magic, she and the world will die.

When Brock falls in love with Celeste before realizing her demise is his cure, will love triumph over his desire to be healed? Will he risk everything to save her from a Warloc, an oath breaker, who also wants her dead?

Sensuality Level: Sensual

Blurb 
Cursed in Shadow is the continuation of The Garnet Dagger, Book 1 Legends of Oblivion series. This novelette bridges Book 1 and Son of Dragons, Book 2. 

After defeating the Warloc, Brock, the Elvin Vampyre, takes Celeste to Tamlon to search the prophecies of the four and the Son of Dragons. However, the Elvin city is not safe, even for his witch. 

The Warloc’s protégé is bent on his physical return to the living. Her necromancy brings forth Brock’s first victim and more. 

Brock and Celeste must defeat prejudice and power to continue their journey and find Brock’s twin sister, Mirhana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate