April 19, 2014

Interview with Author Michelle Rabe



Hi everyone! We are thrilled to welcome Author Michelle Rabe to our page and blog for an interview. We have info on her book following the interview.

What is your book(s) about?
 My current release is about, Morgan Blackstone, a modern vampire who becomes the unwilling subject of blood experiments. My current work in progress is the continuation of that story.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I am an actor turned author, started writing on set one day during the ample downtime after I finished the book I was reading. I live in California where my current day job is with my county’s elections department. I have one cat that has earned the nickname Unhelpful Author Cat because he likes to get in the way of me writing. He has also been known to post comments on Facebook by walking over keyboards.

What started your interest in writing?
I’ve always been a passionate reader and through acting I learned the craft of dialogue and character building. I wrote a lot of what would now be called fan fiction when I was in high school but didn’t find my way back for several years.

What are you currently working on?
I am currently working on the second book in the Morgan Blackstone series. The working title is ‘Forged in Flame’.

How long did it take you to get your rough draft finished on your latest release?
For my current release ‘Cast in Blood’ it took me ten years from the first day I started till I actually released it. I stopped writing for long periods, and rewrote the entire book from the ground up about three times before I got it right.
My current Work in Progress the sequel to ‘Cast in Blood’ has been in the works for about 6 months and the plan is to release in August of this year. So, the timetable has gotten much shorter. There was a lot of living and learning that had to be done between beginning and publishing ‘Cast in Blood’.


If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be?
Vampire, I’d love to be able to keep telling stories for centuries.

What was the first book you remember reading?
The first one I really remember was a children’s version of some of Shakespeare’s plays. I know one of them was A Midsummer Night’s Dream but I can’t remember the rest.

How did you come up with your title?
I really don’t know the answer to this. I’m not very good at titles so it was just a matter of trial and error.

Who is your support team?
My writing group, the Literal Army, they’re my beta readers and the ones who aren’t afraid to tell me that something I’ve written needs work or convince me that something needs to go.
My editor Kathy, she’s awesome and makes sure that my grammatical slip isn’t showing.
My friends and family who put up with eccentricities and understand when I close the door to my room and don’t come out for hours on end.


Thanks for reading you can see more from me on my facebook page www.facebook.com/AuthorMichelleRabe

And a big thanks to the good people at Paranormal Reads for allowing myself and other indie authors to get the word out to more people.

Blurb
To the outside world, Morgan Blackstone is an eccentric business woman. But, within her chest beats the undead heart of a 21st century vampire. Behind the doors of her nightclub, The Dracul, Morgan rules with an iron fist in a velvet glove.

After a long night of wrangling unruly supernatural customers, she is looking forward to some peace… but unbeknownst to her, there are other vampires who are conspiring against her. Just before dawn, in the deserted parking lot, she comes face-to-face with two old adversaries, one of which she had last seen being sealed in a tomb, 400 years before.

Overpowered by her attackers, Morgan wakes inside the lab of an unscrupulous doctor. Held against her will, subjected to experiments, she soon realizes that something has begun to burn within her veins…

Something that she knows will kill her.


And you can purchase ‘Cast in Blood’ through Amazon or Createspace.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HB08AGI
https://www.createspace.com/4489510

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate